Scorpion EXO-2000 Evo Air Carbon Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
All new helmets are sold with Clear visor . Smoke visor on picture are for illustration purposes only
Scorpion EXO-2000 Evo Air Carbon Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
3 outer shell sizes
Delivered with a second 2 dimensional dark smoke face shield equipped with Tear-off pins and Maxvision ready
Airfit™ permits a rider to personalize Motorcycle helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads with additional noise reduction.Only by SCORPION EXO!
Fitting perfectly into the specially depressed area of the face shield, the Pinlock® creates continuous air pressure through the compression force, which in turn stops condensation - and thus fogging - from occurring even when the temperature difference between the outside and the inside of the Motorcycle helmet increases.
Very effective, hypoallergenic, removable, machine washable, and very soft and pleasant to the touch.
TCT® Thermo dynamical Composite Technology
Extremely light, the new TCT® structure provides a level ofprotection as yet unseen in the world of Motorcycle helmets. This smart shell is able to gradually crumple on impact, which allows it to absorb most of the energy generated by the shock, while retaining one of the strongest structures.
NEW ELLIP-TEC® face shield SYSTEM
Launched on the new Scorpion Racing EXO-2000 Air, the ELLIP-TEC® face shield mechanism further improves the ease and speed of face shield changes so unique toScorpion. This operation can be done tool-less within 10 seconds,with the shield open. Wind tunnel designed to minimize wind noiseat high speed, fitted with even more powerful springs to ensure optimum fit of the shield against the seal through the compression force, fully sealed and quieter, ELLIP TEC is also stronger to keep the shieldin place in the event of a fall.
- 2 dimensional face shield equipped with Tear-off pins and Maxvision ready
- Emergency cheek pads release in order to make easier the removing of the Motorcycle helmet in case of crash
- Shield lock system: a 3 position lever allows to lock the shield in closed or slightly opened position.
- Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through Motorcycle helmet.
- Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance.
- Chin-cover: contributes to noise reduction.
- Closing chinstrap by titanium double D ring.
How to choose the good size ?
The first step in the fitting process is to measure around your head at the temple above the eye brow.
The next step in the fitment process are fitment checks. The following tests should be performed with the chin strap properly and securely in place. Motorcycle Helmet movement should also move the skin on your face and scalp. Motorcycle Helmets will fit snug when new and have abreak in period. The Motorcycle helmet should not fit so tight as to caused is comfort or pain. If your measurement is at the upper number of any size range start at that range then move up as needed.
1. With the Motorcycle helmet in place and chin strap secured, shake your head side to side, if the Motorcycle helmet moves independently of your head then the Motorcycle helmet is too big. When performing this test, the Motorcycle helmet liner and cheek pads should be in direct contact with your skin. While shaking, your skin should move with the Motorcycle helmet.
2. Place one hand directly behind your head and push forward. Use your other hand and try to slip your little finger between your forehead and the Motorcycle helmet EPS liner. If you are able to slip your finger in, the Motorcycle helmet is too big.
3. To test for Motorcycle helmet lift, place one hand on the chin bar and push up (while the chin strap is secured), if the Motorcycle helmet comes off your head it is too big. Next, place one hand on the back and pushup again, if your Motorcycle helmet lifts off your head the Motorcycle helmet is too big.
Care and Cleaning of Your Scorpion EXO Motorcycle Helmet
As with any quality product, proper care will enhance and prolong the usefulness of your Motorcycle helmet and protect your investment. Your Motorcycle helmet is engineered and assembled with state-of-the-art technology including exclusive patents and proprietary trademarked features.
Cleaning the Outside of the Motorcycle Helmet
Never use any solvents or abrasive cleaners to clean your Motorcycle helmet!! For optimum performance, rinse your Motorcycle helmet in warm water using a mild soap. If the outside is dirty with dried dirt and bugs, we suggest you place a wet towel over the Motorcycle helmet for at least one minute before wiping it clean. This softens the foreign objects before removal lessening the chance of scratches. The multiple coatings on the face shield are resistant to light scratching, however, heavy, abusive scratching can break through the coatings and cause visible marks. Removing dirt and bugs with good cleaning practices and keeping your Motorcycle helmet in a RaceCase™ will significantly help to prolong the life of your Motorcycle helmet and face shields.
Cleaning the Inside of the Motorcycle Helmet
The removable, washable liner in all our Motorcycle helmets make it easy to clean. Even a man can do it. Remove the cheek pads first by unsnapping the 3 (usually) button snaps on each one. Be careful not to "tear" the pad out, but carefully un-snap each button. The"crownliner" can be unsnapped (2) from the back of the head area and the pulled away from the Motorcycle helmet in the forehead area. Note the alignment arrows for re-installing the crownliner. Throw these three pieces into the washing machine if possible in a washing bag so that the plastic parts cannot be broken or damage the textile and allow to air dry before re-installing.
Cleaning the Face Shield
The Scorpion EXO face shields for 400s and 700s have different cleaning procedures for inside and outside. The outside is coated with an anti-scratch coating which prevents minor scratches, but cannot resist heavy wiping and cleaning without preliminary softening of the dirt, grime and bugs first. Note the damp towel method of softening dried bugs and dirt above. Plastic polishes work fine to clean the outside of the shield as long as the dirt and grime has been softened and removed first. The inner Everclear™no-fog coated face shields require special treatment for cleaning. We suggest using a warm water and mild soap combination followed by"pat drying" with a dry towel. "Wiping" may cause premature wear and scratching on the Everclear™ inner coating.
Certain common household chemicals will react negatively with the polycarbonates, fiberglass or coatings of your Motorcycle helmet. Avoid contact with acetone (nail polish remover), caustic solutions(ammonia-based cleaners), hair sprays containing methyene, chlorine from swimming pools or glues.